Performs entry level duties for maintaining Treatment Plant grounds, buildings, assisting Plant Operator and driving a dump truck.Works a rotating shift.Must obtain a Class "B" CDL within 60 days of employment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 60 days of employment;
REQUIRED EDUCATION/OR EXPERIENCE:
One to three months related experience or training;
PREFERRED EDUCATION/OR EXPERIENCE:
Three to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The City of Columbia provides the following benefits:
- Major Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Paid Holidays (10 days per year)
- 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid Vacation (accrual rates begin at 80 hours per year, progressive to 200 hours per year after 30 years of service.)
- Paid Sick Leave (12 days per year accrued)
- Deferred Compensation Program 401-A
- Term Life Insurance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- Longevity pay (after 3 years of service)
Note: Fire suppression employees are subject to different accrual rates.