The primary function of an employee in this class is to perform operations and maintenance duties, including monitoring, operating, maintaining, and adjusting equipment. Employees in this classification will acquire the necessary skills and related training to perform the more routine operation and maintenance duties at the wastewater treatment facility. This position may be required to work varied shifts throughout the year including nights, weekends and holidays and must be able to work overtime and standby as required.
One to two years related experience and/or training. Tennessee Certificate of Competency (grade 2, 3 or 4) in wastewater operations must be obtained within 4 consecutive testing opportunities after eligibility. Apply online at www.columbiatn.com before 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 15th, 2018. EOE
The City of Columbia provides the following benefits:
- Major Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Paid Holidays (10 days per year)
- 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid Vacation (accrual rates begin at 80 hours per year, progressive to 200 hours per year after 30 years of service.)
- Paid Sick Leave (12 days per year accrued)
- Deferred Compensation Program 401-A
- Term Life Insurance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- Longevity pay (after 3 years of service)
Note: Fire suppression employees are subject to different accrual rates.